The days have been heating up dramatically down here in Florida, and this recipe I made up last summer has made a revival… something delicious to keep me from completely melting. Yum. Things have been heating up in my life overall actually… more juicy details on that later though! I figure I should share what I’m salivating over right now first…
For the coconut milk I recommend using Aroy-D since it is the only one I know of available with no additives whatsoever, or you can make your own! Not sure how to make your own? Check out this video tutorial by yours truly:
It’s in Spanish, but you can email me for the recipe, or keep an eye out for when I post the translated printable recipe.
- 2 ripe mangos, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk (mix it well)
- 1 tbl coconut sugar or honey, optional
- Ice cube tray or popsicle molds
- If sweetening the coconut milk, mix sugar of choice with coconut milk.
- Take a spoonful at a time of the coconut milk, spooning into the individual molds.
- Then toss in a couple cubes of mango with a squirt of sriracha.
- Continue doing this alternating with the coconut milk, mango and sriracha till the molds are filled to the top. Play around the the ratio to your liking.
- Cover and store in the freezer till frozen.
- Serve and enjoy for the ultimate refreshment on a hot day, or whenever you desire!
- This recipe is most delicious when mangos are in season!